Sunday, February 24, 2008

Phone Calls are Full of Possibility

"Hotel Idiotica"
"Hello, is this 846-5554?"
"Oh, no, sorry, this is 846-5555"
"Oh, that's alright. I'm pregnant. I'm always doing the stupidest things. And my fingers are fat"
"Hey, I mean, it's no big deal. Just a wrong--"
"Do you know anybody who's pregnant?"
"Excuse me?"
"Are any of your friends pregnant?"
"Um, well, no, they're pretty much all too young,"
"I'm 28. This is my first pregnancy"
"Oh, well...congratulations"
"So you don't know anyone who's pregnant?"
"Um...well, an old friend of mine from middle school is pregnant with her second"
"Really?!? Wow, how far along is she?"
"Uh, I dunno...could I put you on hold for a second, miss?"
"Sure."

But when I picked up again she was gone. If this was a prank call, please, whoever you are, come forward and claim your prize, because you did a really good job. Otherwise, well, I'll let you know if she calls again.

2 comments:

jess said...

better than my "dominoes?" attempt for sure...but don't think i'm not scheming away, seymour butts style.

Captain Summer said...

846-5555 eh?