Monday, December 31, 2007

Pooping where I eat?

I'm pretty sure one of the cleaning ladies is making eyes at me.

The problem started as it usually does, when I couldn't control how charming and adorable I was. One morning, an abnormally large number of people called down to the front desk requesting extra towels. So I ended up making a few trips down to the basement, to the cleaning lounge/cave (it really is very cavernous) where some of the housekeepers were relaxing before heading upstairs for a long day of keeping house.

On my third trip downstairs, one of the women called out good-naturedly, "Y'know, you can call, you don't have to keep coming down here."

She was a not unattractive Hispanic woman, light-skinned with auburn hair pulled back into a mid-length ponytail. She had a some acne, and hid a few of her curves under a thick coat, but she had a shy, understated smile that widened quite naturally when she laughed. She could have been anywhere from 19 to 26. How can I indicate my slightly-above-average level of interest? I'd do 'er?

Now the real reason I kept coming down there was because I can't for the life of me remember the number for the basement. But since I was just coming off an entire night of banter practice, I casually responded, "But then I wouldn't get to see you."

She blushed.

The next day, before I even understand what's going on, she's back behind the front desk on her way out, tussling my hair and glancing my direction as she talks to GWNTSLACD in Spanish. And, whether the curiosity/desperation is sexual or cybertronic, so help me, I'm smiling back.

I can just picture the scene a few months from now...

"Is that all I am to you??? Just a blog post??"

"No!...Well, in the beginning that was it, but....it's not about the blog anymore. I...I like you"

"Why should I believe you???"

"It's true, I promise! Just give me another chance, please!"

"Why?? So you can tell your buddies how many page views you got??!?"

"I deserved that"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I lost your number, but I texted you from my heart. What is it, so I can text you from my phone?

CPVegan said...

I loved your story. where in the heck is your "about me" info?
this is a great blog idea. keep 'em comin'!