Sunday, October 28, 2007

Getting old...and creepy

So my buddy Yusuf tells me that there are "sooooo many" kids in the hotel tonight. "Like fifty!" he tells me. "But not little. Like 12 or 13 or something. Maybe 15. From a school"

"Not 18," he adds in an even tone.

About an hour later a cute brunette comes up to the desk. I open my mouth to tell her, "You look just like Blair on Gossip Girl," before I think about it and realize this would be a bad idea on a number of levels.

~~~~~

About twenty minutes later, some kids are taking pictures of themselves playing on the luggage trolley. They ask me to take pictures of all of them, and as I'm doing so, one of them makes sure to tell me that they're only doing this because they're bored because they're only twenty, so they can't drink here, implying some foreign origins. From their complexions and accents, I would guess Turkey.

Question: What does it say about me that the first thing that popped into my head was, "Hmm... maybe I could go buy beer for those kids"?

No comments: